Tuesday, April 08, 2003

"Is it good to get these men worked up so sexual?" - The Faint

I take back everything I said about RIT. It is possible to change your mind about something so importan as college in the span of 15 minutes. Daddy mentioned something last night about Columbia College in Chicago. I brushed it off thinking, "Bah! I've gotten him to agree to RIT what else do I need?" So to quell my curiosity, I looked up the website for this college and my jaw dropped. This is the college of my dreams. You see, at the first place I really considered, University of Minnesota, I could study English (Writing) but not photog. At RIT I could study photog but not English. At Columbia I can do both!!!!!!!!!!!! This makes me so happy. Plus Columbia is waaay cheaper than RIT. Meaning I can afford it and so can Ma and Pa. I was really worried about being a financial burden on them. Daddy was all, "We'll find some way..." You see Mommy is retiring and that is one less income. Columbia is small and diverse and in Chicago which means I'll be close to some family. Which is always cool.
All you crazy peeps out there are like, "God this bitch is all college college college." You know what? This is one of the most important decisions I'm preparing to make so far for seventeen years. I do not take this lightly. I am serious. I'm so worried about paying for it but now I feel somewhat better knowing I might've find the right place for me. Another good thing is that I will be closer to home. Which I like. RIT gives shit for breaks so I wouldn't hardly to my family till summer. Frankly, I don't think I could handle that.
Thanks for listening.

No comments: