Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Catherine Zeta Jones has given birth. Thank god.
Penis origami....discuss amongst yourselfs.
Oi, my head hurts. Sarah P. gave me a pretty bracelet all the way from the land of Mexico and it is pretty. Yup. I am very thankful.
Nothing much happened today. Except Mr. Poss sucessfuly suceeded in confusing me about what to do with my life. He comes up to me in the computer lab and is all, "You know Mary, I really see you as a writer." I know that's a compliment and all but it confused me. My passions lie elsewhere. Yeah I like to write but I can't imagine myself doing it. I see myself taking pictures for a living and isn't that important? I mean, I'm so serious about it already. I'm just good at writing (ohh I'm so modest) by nature. I read a lot of books and that's where I learn to better form words. I've always had a desire to put words down on paper but the problem is that I only want to do it for myself and not for others. I want to share my photography with the world. I don't want to share my writing because I don't think I'm a very good writer. I mean, when I try to write fiction or whatever, I don't like what comes out and I can't come up with very good ideas. I think my ideas suck. I don't save up all summer working long hours in a hot photo lab to spend almost $800 on a camera I'll just be using for a hobby. Why can't writing be my hobby? Mr. Poss is not clairvoyant. Only I decide my future.
Maybe this new confusion is the reason for my headache.

No comments: