Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Day Seven

Hey this blogging every day thing is going pretty well.
Today was quite uneventful. It was just busy and full of work. That is what is to be expected on day 2 of week 10. All this counting of days - it's day 7 of NaBloPoMo, its week 10 day 2. Makes me dizzy.
So in mundane news in Mary's life: got a decent grade on my last Data Anal exam. Yesss. Ummm. All I really did today was a lot of school work. Nothing funny or noteworthy happened. I got my final photo project just about finished. I'm sorry. Its that absentminded lethargy that happens during week 10. Your brain is really only focused on school. But soon! I will have a copy of No One Cares What You Had for Lunch of my very own. And I will have 100 possible blog post to choose from.

A thought for the road...I am listening to Nirvana's Unplugged in New York album. It is strange to hear Kurt Cobains voice and think about his death. Back in my teen angst days, he was a figure I clung desperately to. His words sustained me in a way and reassured me that I wasn't the only person who felt the way I did. (As I am sure he did for many people.) Here I am several years later, listening to the music of a man dead for 10 years and I am casually writing about him on my blog. Listening to his songs makes me think about how far I've come. I can't remember feeling that much in despair. I'm glad I'm so far from it and I'm proud of myself. I think Cobain's music helped me out of it and listening and looking back, I am happy where I'm at.

No comments: