Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Day 22

So I was going to post a snippet from one of my old journals as suggested in No One Cares What You Had For Lunch. However, I discovered something.

I was a really angsty teenager.

I was so angry! Where did all the anger come from? Oh my! If my 16 year old self could meet my 21 year old self, we would totally have a serious chat. I think I would just give myself a hug. I'm far enough away from high school that the memories have mostly faded. Three years into college and hey, high school wasn't so bad. It was bad. I don't think I'm far enough away from the person I was when I was in high to laugh about it yet. Maybe if I go back further into my journals....

Ah! Yes! My Babysitters Club journal. Man I was so excited about Babysitters Club back in the day. Ok, lets see. Shit. My writing? It is illegible! Wow. Was I trying to make sure no one would be able to read my journal? I was pretty successful. Then again, I was 10 years old. Who can write at 10?

Maybe I should just have a big bonfire and get rid of all the embarrassing stuff. Or I could put them all in a trunk and fill the trunk with concrete and throw the concrete filled trunk into the deepest, darkest part of the ocean. Ha! No one would find them then.

No comments: