Tuesday, June 29, 2004

I'M COMING HOME TOMORROW!
I am so excited. Sarah P your suggestion about pie and Osseo sounds divine. I will get back late tomorrow but the morning is prime. I will call.
I can't wait to get back and drive my own car and take a dump whenever I want and not have a creepy German dude (my partner's brother) coming in to my room all the time to do shit knows what on the comp. I don't have to go to school anymore, I can work (and get my pics processed) and I get to see all of you kids. With all of my bitching, I really have enjoyed my time in Germany. I've had a lot of fun and seen a lot of things. I just wish I could have enjoyed it more. My heart was always with my mother and sometimes I just wanted to fly home and be with her. Now my time here is done and I get to do that tomorrow. I am trying to erase the image I have stuck in my head of her hooked up to a breathing machine, unconscious, eyes closed, in the CCU. It's fucking scary but it's all I have. Right now, I have the picture Katja took of me and her in Chicago in my head. She is happy and smiling and wearing a purple sweater. That makes me happy.
Tonight there is a farewell grill out. Katja and I (and others) are going to the grocery store after to school to buy 'alcoholic beverages' (as she put it) because after (the party is 100% Alkohol frei) we are going to a park with the others and getting trashed. Sounds like a farewell to me!
I will miss some things...like Katja and appel wine, and soccer games in sports bars named sports bar, and carbonated appel juice, and milk and honey lotion. Those are mostly material things. What matters most to me right now is getting home to my family and friends.

No comments: