Wednesday, July 14, 2004

That last post had some trouble with itself. I don't have a lot to say. I spent the day in the cities with my parents. I tried unsuccessfully to buy a lightmeter. The dude at National Camera mumbled a lot and I ended up walking out with this student discount thing Mamiya which, upon further surveying, is too much of a bitch to take advantage of. As nice as it would be to get the meter with all the bells and whistles at half price, it is not worth the hastle.
I did enjoy pushing my mother around the big mall in her wheel chair. I also liked giving people dirty looks when they stared or didn't get out of the way fast enough. We were fast moving ladies today. But it is hard pushing a wheel chair across carpeting. I wonder how many calories I burned doing that....
We went to dinner and I had the biggest assed meal I've had in a loooong time. I ate a little bit of everything. My mom and I ordered pie for desert thinking it would be an easy split. NOT SO. The "slice" (if you can call it that) was bigger than my face. It was probably a third of the pie. But it was a good meal and I was thankful to share it with my parents.
My life is pretty mundane right now. I take care of my mom, I work, I read Harry Potter cuz its the only that can keep me sane. By the way, Harry Potter, if you are out there, thanks for keeping me sane the week before I left for Germany. That was a tough week. I had to look at my mom unconscious everyday in the hospital but at least I didn't have to battle Lord Voldemort.

No comments: